As we are moving forward to the new year, we are looking for fresh new faces to represent our society and its values. Every new year brings in a new energy, fresh ideas and progress to achieve and maintain the mission and values the society stands for.
This year we are introducing a member-only initiative called the SWS Wordsmiths. Click on the image below to find out more!
If you have what it takes to spearhead the next wave of changes, and bring and host more people in our community, click on the link below.
The SWS Committee structure comprises of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and 3 departments led by a Director each, with a sub-committee.
Our 3 departments are Communications, Operations, and Editorial & Publications.
These are their roles:
- Represent SWS at various events and activities at SIM
- Design marketing content and materials
- Help promote and manage the society on our social media platforms [work with Editorial & Publications department]
- Planning and organising of events
- Liaising with third-party organisers and caterers for events
- Recruiting, planning and conducting interviews
- Basic HR duties – attendance taking for events, recruitment details, etc.
3. Editorial & Publications
- Regularly editing posts submitted by members
- Encouraging post submissions from members of the society
- Design new templates for monthly themes
- Plagiarism checking for all post submissions
- Posting of submissions on social media and our website [work with Communications department]
- Work on Triannual Newsletters and their publishing